- 'Faramir, son of Ondoher, met a grim end here in the Wastes, but perhaps more tragic, he was never meant to journey to these lands at all. King Ondoher and Faramir's brother, Artamir, rode to repel the forces of the Wainriders in the Wastes, but they were caught unprepared and vastly outnumbered. They were soon aided by a company of North-men, but even still their forces were slain on the fields and driven into the Dead Marshes. Amid all this, Faramir was bidden to remain in Minas Anor when Minas Tirirth was still called as such, but he defied his father's wishes and secretly rode to join the North-men as they rode southward toward the battle. Thus, Ondoher and his two sons met their ends in the Wastes...
The following deeds can be advanced by visiting this location:
- Gathering of Evil
- Quests of Dagorlad
- Foe-slayer of Ondoher's Folly
- Relics of the Last Alliance
- Forgotten Caches
-  Grave Tidings
-  Lost in Passing
- Faramir, son of Ondoher
-  Faramir's Ruse
-  The Wainriders of Dol Acharn -- Any Wainrider
-  Relics of Victory -- Landscape
-  Vengeance of the Fallen
Small Ranger camp in the Slag-hills
- These quests unlocks in sets if 3. Turning in one quest from a set unlocks the next set. Completing this quest chain will unlock the final quests needed to unlock the fellowship crafting instances. The final quests are listed under The Slag-hills.
- Note: If you only want to unlock the crafting instances, you simply need the sequence The Escape -> The War-party -> The War-leaders, and can ignore the other Lang Rhuven quests.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Wastes|
|Settlements:||Camp of the Host • Haerondir|
|Areas:||Noman-lands • Dagorlad • Slag-hills|
|Landmarks:|| Tham Durlan • Nuiharn • Guard Tower Ruins • Store House Ruins • Merchant shop Ruins • Farm House Ruins • Inn Ruins • Nobel's House Ruins • Stable Ruins|
Carchost • Dol Acharn • Dûm Boha • Fushaum Gund • Lang Rhuven • Narchost • Ondoher's Folly • Skoironk