- In In-game, pop-up, dialog boxes, goods or services which can be acquired using Mithril Coins are indicated by a blue Mithril Coin Icon , which is frequently a button itself -- Swift-travel from Stable-masters is one common example.
- The number of Mithril Coins you possess is shown in the Barter Wallet (B).
- This item is purchased from the LOTRO Store in-game and is often "on sale:"
- Each Update since its introduction has seen an expansion of the usages for Mithril Coins.
- This item was introduced with Update 10 and is used as a common currency for various premium services:
- Swift travel to restricted destinations (1 coin)
- Teleport to quest objective (1 coin)
- Daily quest resets (5 coins)
- Revive (15 coins)
- Mannequin outfits (50 coins)
- Update 11 adds:
- Daily Task Update (20 Coins) -- The Store Item: daily task upgrade token is immediately converted into Mithril Coins on purchase.
- Reputation acceleration -
- Deed Acceleration -
- Armour and Weapon repair services -
- Update 12 adds:
- Mithril Traders to each Skirmish Camp
- Mithril Traders to each starting area (different offerings compared to the Skirmish Traders
- Mithril Repair rate lowered to two Mithril Coins.
- Mithril quest teleportation costs increased to 5 Mithril Coins in Western Rohan.
- Bards and various trainers offer goods or services for Mithril Coins.
- Update 13 adds:
- F2P and Premium players may now take their Freeps to the Ettenmoors by purchasing a temporary moors pass from the stable master using Mithril Coins.
- Certain items purchased in the LOTRO Store may now be mailed to others for a small Mithril Coin fee.
- Monster Players may now purchase skills and traits previously obtained directly through the store from new Mithril Vendors in Gramsfoot.