Mirkwood is a name used for two distinct fictional forests in J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium.
In the First Age, the highlands of Dorthonion north of Beleriand were known as Mirkwood after falling under Morgoth's control. Along with the rest of the region west of Ered Luin, this forest disappeared after the cataclysm of the War of Wrath, although a few of its peaks may have survived as an island far off the coast of Lindon.
In the Second Age, the large forest in Rhovanion, east of the Anduin in Middle-earth, was was known as Greenwood the Great.
After Sauron's destruction at the conclusion of the Third Age, Mirkwood was cleansed by Galadriel and became known as Eryn Lasgalen, Sindarin for the Wood of Greenleaves.
- When you first arrive in Mirkwood, you will be launched into a public instance. You will enter the normal Mirkwood when you finish an instance concerning the assault on the gates leading to the dourstocks. you need to complete six foreword quests (book 9) to unlock the instance.
- Level: 60-65
- Expansion: Siege of Mirkwood
- Reputation Faction: Malledhrim
- Sword-Hall 3-man instance
- Dungeons of Dol Guldur 3-man instance
- Warg-pens 3-man instance
- Sammath Gûl 6-man instance
- Barad Guldur 12-man instance
There are no settlements in Mirkwood, according to the in-game maps, however, I called any location large enough to have a stable-master a settlement. See the page footer.
Points of Interest
See the list of landmarks in the page footer.
|Regions of Rhovanion|
|East Rohan • The Great River • Lothlórien • Mirkwood • Moria • West Rohan • Wildermore|