Master of Apprentices
A Master of Apprentices allows a player to select a vocation, or to change it. Almost all major cities have a Master or Mistress of Apprentices.
-  Introduction to Cooking
-  Introduction to Farming
-  Introduction to Forestry
-  Introduction to Jewelcrafting
-  Introduction to Metalsmithy
-  Introduction to Prospecting
-  Introduction to Scholarship
-  Introduction to Tailoring
-  Introduction to Weaponsmithy
-  Introduction to Woodworking
-  Practice Makes Perfect
-  Outfitting Yourself and Others
Starting a Crafter
- For more information, see Crafting.
Characters who wish to begin crafting must have completed their respective Introduction Quests and entered the main game world.
- The ability of a player to craft items or to gather resources for such crafting.
- - Gathering professions enable the character to gather resources that are used in crafting recipes.
- - Crafting professions enable the character to create usable finished products.
- Farmer and Scholar are considered gathering and crafting type professions, respectively, although each includes facets of the opposite type profession.
- A pre-determined combination of three professions; see vocation for details.
- At least one of of the three is a gathering profession.
To choose a vocation, visit the Master or Mistress of Apprentices NPC in any large town. Speak to the Master of Apprentices and select the vocation you wish. You can change your vocation any time by speaking again to the Master of Apprentices, but doing so will erase any skill increases in your current professions that are not part of the new vocation. In other words, you will start from scratch, and not retain your old skills.