Tank / Main Tank
- A Tank is an MMORPG concept centered on the ability to threaten an enemy and to then withstand damage as that enemy attacks.
- The Main Tank (MT) is the person in your group which will be handling the agro (threat) of the main target.
- Tanks generally have lower damage output than other classes in exchange for improved durability in a variety of situations.
- Tanks generally use the heaviest armor and shields, and have ability to draw enemy attention (agro/threat) towards themselves; as well as to intercept enemy attacks on others - thereby protecting those others that don't wear heavy armour (i.e. the "squishies" - healers, crowd-controlers).
- Usually a tank can take alot of damage and hold the agro of the enemy while the rest of the group is either damaging, crowd-controlling (CCing) or keeping the group healed.
- The Main Tank must have a good awareness of what is going on around them while putting out as much damage as possible to keep the main target's agro focused on themselves.
- Guardians are the best at tanking but Champions and Captains can fill this role as well, but not as near perfect as a Guardian. Also Champions lose a considerable amount of DPS if they turn to tanking (not using Fevour).