Welcome to the Mordor project page. The goal of this page is to create an overview of what needs doing on Mordor and to coordinate our efforts.
If you are working on a Mordor related subject, please add your job under "To Do" and sign with four tildes. If you are not working on Mordor, but you'd like to help out, feel free to add your name to any task (under any To Do) you seem fit. Please coordinate your work if there are others working on the same subject, for instance by using their talk page or poking them on Discord.
As with every expansion, Mordor does some things differently than before, calling upon our creativity to present everything on the wiki in a comprehensible manner. Magill summed up various general issues as follows:
- Mordor content is only available to those who purchased the expansion. Players that did not buy Mordor can pass through the gate after completing Volume IV of the epic, but no quests will be available. Players have been known to enter Mordor without having done the epic via summon, port or Mysterious Door decoration.
- The Epic does not continue in Mordor. After the Battle of the Black Gate, you go back to Ithilien and await some future update for the next chapter in the Epic. Will it be next weekend (9 February 2018) when Update 22 goes up on Bullroarer -- we will have to wait till Tyber posts the release notes.
Additional changes with Update 22
- With Update 22, Ashes of Gorgoroth have been renamed to Ashes of Enchantment.
- With Update 22 the Allegiance hall for Dwarves (Erebor) is now accessible as part of the Strongholds of the North Area: Eryn Lasgalen
- One can enter or leave Erebor from the Dale-lands, independent of Allegiance.
- The Category:The Road to Erebor Instances - The Bells of Dale and Flight to the Lonely Mountain appear to be integrated into the Strongholds of the North
- These have apparently been physically integrated (starting points, etc.) but the content of the instances has not been revised to integrate with the new story lines.)
- No statement (that I have heard) has yet been made, but it appears the Update 22 will NOT require the purchase of the Mordor Expansion, but does provide similar high level (aka end-game) materials (gear), but not raids and instances.
- Done: Double check if players that have completed the epic can or cannot pass through the Black Gate into Mordor when not owning the expansion. Answer: regardless of whether the expansion is owned or not, as long as the epic is completed, anyone can enter Mordor through the Black Gate. Source: kinnie that farmed landscape mobs in Mordor for months without having bought the expansion. -- Ravanel
- Check if the above information is present on the wiki on the right spots. -- Ravanel
- Done: Change Gorgoroth into a redirect page that points to Plateau of Gorgoroth (see Lotro-Wiki.com talk:Mordor#Location_types). -- Magill
- Rewrite articles that are purely bullet points into articles.
- Investigate whether the use of "(Faction)" in the article name of Conquest of Gorgoroth (Faction), Category:Conquest of Gorgoroth (Faction) and related pages is justified. If not, rename the page and the many pages (deeds, quests etc) linking to it. Might be bot work.
- Update the categorization of Mordor pages to be in line with how categorization is done on the rest of the wiki. E.g. images go in an image-specific category; information goes into articles, not directly into categories etc. -- Magill, Ravanel and Rogue4ever
- See Lotro-Wiki.com talk:Mordor#Mordor_categorization for discussion and developments
- Suggested setup according to landscape categorization rules: User:Rogue4ever/Mordor Categorization by Rogue4ever
- Naming guideline: category spelling should be identical to in-game spelling whenever possible. For location pages the main map is leading.
- Current layout:
World / locations
- Main contributor: Magill.
- Note about the categorization of location articles in Mordor: Mordor is a land; The Plateau of Gorgoroth is a region (its only one for the time being); Udûn, Dor Amarth, Lhingris etc are areas. Specific places are landmarks. See also User:Rogue4ever/Mordor Categorization.
- The first 3 areas of Mordor - Udûn, Dor Amarth and Lhingris - are pretty well documented.
- Anticipated that Update 23 will be another Region, but it might only be an Area. Anticipated to be The Morgul Vale, and the Shelob Raid, probably at the end of the 2nd quarter, nominally June.)
- Adding missing landmarks; see Template: Plateau of Gorgoroth (currently 16 pages missing).
- Double check whether all location articles use the same layout & fix where necessary.
- What's the difference between Category: Mordor Landmarks and Category: Plateau of Gorgoroth Landmarks? Should they be merged? If not, a description on each category page should be added explaining its use.
- Investigating the use of navigation boxes. Currently, every location page has 4:
- Some of the information within the boxes overlaps. We should consider to merge some of these boxes to create a clearer overview. There might also be better wording possible for "Mordor - not the expansion" and "Mordor - the expansion".
- Update Milestone with the Mordor locations.
- Main contributor: Elinnea
- Mordor institutes "The Black Book of Mordor" -- which is (almost?) completely documented on the wiki. The Black Book replaces the Epic and consists of several story lines with post Sauron bosses vying for control.
- A new mechanic was introduced with Mordor: the Allegiance System.
- All instance quests are missing.
- Double check if the Black Book of Mordor is completely available on the wiki.
- Add the missing class-dependent quests
- Check if all landscape quests are present; if not, add them.
- Check if all allegiance quests are present; if not, add them.
- Add all instance quests.
- Main contributor: Elinnea
- All NPCs from the High Elf intro have been added.
- Other NPCs have been added, but the list is probably not complete.
- See Category: Plateau of Gorgoroth NPCs.
- Check which NPCs are missing and add them. -- Elinnea (talk) 18:03, 6 February 2018 (UTC)
- Take images of NPCs that need them (Category:Udûn NPCs needing an image)
- See Category:Gorgoroth Creatures, Category:Hidden Threats of Gorgoroth: Creatures and Category:Scourges of Gorgoroth: Creatures.
- Add missing landscape creatures.
- Add missing scourges.
- Add general page called Scourges, explaining what they are.
- Note that the scources are related to the Alliance dailies.
- There is a set of things you need to accomplish to unlock the Allegiance dailies -- the Sourges unlock before that or not.
- Technically, the Scourge quests are unlocked as part of the Allegiance Dailies: Allegiance_System#Accessing_Daily_Allegiance_Quests
- Then they are available as: Quest:Weekly_Conquest:_Scourges
- However, that is only in the context of the Allegiance system -- they roam the landscape as mobs, but you don't get any goodies for killing them, just "normal stuff."
- The individual Landscape Scourge quests (auto bestowed) show up as: Category:Mordor: Scourges of Gorgoroth Quests
- As I recall, they are all Arch-nemesis and with 1.5+ million morale. Several of them do have individual Creature pages, however, they are all blocked from the LM's Power of Knowledge.
- Note that the scources are related to the Alliance dailies.
- Add missing hidden threats.
- Add all instance creatures.
- Take pictures of creatures.
- Mordor gear is characterized by four changes:
- Items have a Light of Elendil bonus. This stat mitigates the Shadow of Mordor mechanic present on characters within the borders of Mordor (including in instances).
- Some items found in Mordor can be destroyed by using a Flame of Ancalamír item to harvest Ash of Gorgoroth.
- Gorgoroth Steel-bound lockboxes were introduced as a source of gear and ash; the latter can be bartered for best-in-slot gear.
- Due to changes in the rating to percentage formulae, stat scaling by level was increased dramatically. As a result, level 115 gear is so powerful that level 105 gear is obsolete stat wise at level cap. Any gear obtained outside of Mordor is NOT comparable with Mordor level 106 and above gear. (There is no level 105 Mordor gear.)
- See Category:Mordor Items.
- There is a comparison page for medium armour ash barter sets: Comparison of Hunter and Beorning Medium Armour Sets - level 115.
- Write a really short overview of general item changes with Mordor (as described above), linking to the appropriate pages that explain these in-depth.
- Note that "Item Level" is more significant now with Mordor gear than Player Level. See the comparison page above for an example of two item levels for players level 115.
- All Mordor barter NPCs should be checked and the missing items they barter added to the wiki.
- Mordor world drops should be checked and added where necessary.
- Mordor lootbox drops should be checked and added where necessary.
- Mordor quest rewards should be checked and added where necessary.
- Armour comparison pages should be added for other armour types. Coordinate with Magill.
Ash of Gorgoroth / Enchantment
- New Ash of Enchantment pages have been created. With the content revised. - Wm Magill - Valamar - OTG/OTC - talk 13:41, 22 February 2018 (UTC)
- The corresponding, Ash of Gorgoroth pages can be deleted when U22 goes live
- Ash of Gorgoroth and related articles need to be rewritten from bullet point list to a proper article. It should also be removed from Category:Verified Misc Pages 21.3.3.
- ** The template Verified needs to be modified. Template: Verified -- it automatically creates an entry in the "Category: Verified ..."
- Verify the name of the quest: Quest: The Ash of Enchantment
- Need to determine where Ash or Light items drop in Strongholds of the North.
Deeds / titles
- Main contributors: Magill (preparations), Dolenaglar (adding deeds) and Ravanel (adding deeds and fixing deed names).
- All Mordor deeds are present on the wiki. The bulk of the work has been done by Magill and Dolenaglar. Ravanel has added all instance deeds and renamed a large number of deed pages that incorrectly had "(Deed)" in their name.
- See Category:Plateau of Gorgoroth Deeds and Category:The Plateau of Gorgoroth Instance Deeds
- Add missing titles. --Ravanel (talk) 00:30, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
- Gorgoroth Deed & The Plateau of Gorgoroth Instance Deed integration:
- Add the lore/flavor text for existing deeds. --Dolenaglar (talk) 02:27, 8 February 2018 (UTC)
- (Almost) all lore pages are vacant.
- The new lore mechanic Audio Journals is completely documented.
- Add pages for missing lore: Manthríf, King Váskmun Greytooth/Váskmun Greytooth (one of them a redirect, see also NPCs), Order of the Eye, Mordath, Firehorns/Firehorn dwarves and many more.
- Figure out/create a parent page that links to Audio Journals. - Reorganized
- A name for the instance cluster was missing in SSG PR, but judging by the deed log under Instances, and looking at previous wiki naming conventions, "The Plateau of Gorgoroth Instances" is correct.
- See Category:The Plateau of Gorgoroth Instances
- The 3-man and 6-man instance pages are missing.
- The raid article The Abyss of Mordath is lacking pictures, lore, coordinates, quests, mobs, strategy and loot.
- DADI has just (17 Feb) begun a Raid guide to document it: http://dadislotroguides.com/raid-guide-the-abyss-of-mordath/
- Create pages for the 3- and 6-man instance and add them to Category:The Plateau of Gorgoroth Instances
- Write content for instance pages.
- Add missing sections for the Abyss of Mordath raid article (pictures, lore, coordinates, quests, mobs, strategy and loot).
- Create page The Plateau of Gorgoroth Instances that gives an overview of existing instances and transclude this page into Category:The Plateau of Gorgoroth Instances
- Add the Plateau of Gorgoroth Instances to the article World instances.
- Main contributor: Neum
- Complete all recipes and related pages for the Doomfold crafting tier
- Gathering professions are substantially documented
- Other professions have a good start; need to fill in the blanks
- Evaluate the status of Doomfold crafting pages
- Add currently missing pages
- Augment with missing barter recipes from NPCs (coordinate with Items)
- Prepare for Update 22 changes
- Note that Forrester and Prospector do not have "Recipe Index" pages as do the other professions
Profession recipes Checker Status Cook Cook_Recipe_Index Cook_Doomfold_Recipe_Index Farmer Farmer_Recipe_Index Farmer_Doomfold_Recipe_Index Forester Neum (talk) Done Forester_Recipe_Index#Doomfold Jeweller Jeweller_Recipe_Index Jeweller_Doomfold_Recipe_Index Metalsmith Metalsmith_Recipe_Index Metalsmith_Doomfold_Recipe_Index Prospector Neum (talk) Done Prospector_Recipe_Index#Doomfold Scholar Scholar_Recipe_Index Scholar_Doomfold_Recipe_Index Tailor Tailor_Recipe_Index Tailor_Doomfold_Recipe_Index Weaponsmith Weaponsmith_Recipe_Index Weaponsmith_Doomfold_Recipe_Index Woodworker Woodworker_Recipe_Index Woodworker_Doomfold_Recipe_Index
Major Lotro-Wiki Projects Categorization • Character • Crafting • Creatures • Deeds • Documentation • Effects • Game Guides • Images • Instances • Lore • LOTRO Store • Monster Play • NPCs • Quests • Skirmishes • System Tools • World
Expansion projects: Mordor