Level restrictions are in place in higher level regions, which means that if a character's level is too low:
- Entering the region displays a warning.
- Under the mini-map, the region name is shown in red.
- Creatures' aggro range is much wider than usual, including normally non-aggressive creatures.
- The lower level character cannot be summoned to the region by Captains, Hunters, or by any Mustering Horn.
- Harvesting of nodes is much slower (60 seconds). Crafting also takes a lot longer than normal.
- If the character is defeated they will not revive locally but where their Milestone is set.
Note: The increased aggro range does not affect chicken/session players in the case they are at a much lower level than the region as such.
Minimum level requirements by region
|The Trollshaws (west of Bruinen river)||15|
|The Trollshaws (east of Bruinen river) ||20|
|Evendim (east of the lake except Men Erain) ||15|
|Evendim (west of the lake)||20|
|Evendim (Men Erain)||25|
|The Misty Mountains (west of region) ||20|
|The Misty Mountains (east of region) ||25|
|Angmar (south of West Angmar) ||15|
|Angmar (remainder of West Angmar)||20|
|Angmar (East Angmar gated by epic quest) ||41|
|Eregion (north of region) ||33|
|Dunland (north of region) ||46|
|Dunland (west of region except Dunbog) ||47|
|Dunland (east of region) ||48|
|Dunland (west of region Dunbog)||55|
|Gap of Rohan||49|
|The Great River||50|
- High Moor, Giant Valley
- Barandalf, Parth Aduial and Tyrn Fornech
- Bruinen Source West, Bruinen Source North and Bruinen Source East
- High Crag, Giant Halls, Northern High Pass and Southern High Pass
- Ram Duath and Aughaire
- East Angmar has entry gated by the epic quest stage Volume 1, Book 6, Chapter 6:  Challenging the Stone (possible to accept at level 41). Level ungated likely to be level 25.
- Glad Ereg and Pend Eregion
- Gated by Moria entry quest Volume II, Book 1, Chapter 1:  Strangers in Hollin (possible to accept at level 45)
- Gated by Moria entry quest (actual minimum for Nanduhirion is 39)
- Bonevales and Trum Dreng
- Pren Gwydh, Galtrev and Starkmoor
- Gravenwood and Carreglyn
Note: Levels current as of March 2016.
Blocked areas and regions
Level restrictions may also mean the required level to enter that area at all, so that a lower level character is denied access. This is typically the case for many World Instances, but also: