Item:A Woodsman's Guide
- "The Might of Oaks by Millicent Greenlake, Artisan Woodworker"
The Might of Oaks
A Woodsman knows the secrets of survival - in a dangerous world, we know that the best defences are a swift bow and the ability to endure.
A Woodsman has three primary skills of note: the ability to gather and process wood, the skill to craft that wood into fine weapons and tools, and the knowledge th plant and harvest a bounty of foot.
FORESTER The Material you will work most often with will be wood, gathered from fallen branches.
To harvest wood, you must do the following:
- Equip your Forester's Axe.
- Find some fallen Rowan Branches. You can use your Track Wood skill to help you find them.
- Use the node to harvest it, and collect the resources.
- Buy some Lumps of Wax from a Supplier and take the resources back to a Workbench.
- Use the refining recipes to treat the wood into workable lumber, which can be used to make bows, spears, and the like.
To farm some Item:Southlinch Pipe-weed, you must do the following:
- Equip your Farming Tools
- Buy one Apprentice Pipe-weed Seed, one Bucket of Water, and one Handful of Fertilizer from a Novice Farmhand.
- Find some Pipeweed Farmland, and execute the farming recipe.
- Harvest your crops, and reap the rewards!
Woodworking is the art of crafting a variety of Melee and ranged weapons from simple, natural materials. As a Woodsman, you can become a very capable Woodworker.
To craft a Rowan Bow, you must do the following.
- Equip your Woodworking Tools.
- Find a Workbench.
- Carve one Rowan Bowstaff using [[Rowan Branches|Rowan Wood] that you have processed using your Forester Skill into treated planks.
- Obtain a Rough Leather Wrapping from a Supplier or Novice Woodworker.
- Execute the Rowan Bow Recipe.
From humble materials, you have wrought a fine weapon for an archer.
As you execute recipes, you will gain experience in your craft. When you are ready to progress to more difficult work, you can seek out further training and quests from craftsmen of note!