(Redirected from Hobbits)
- Happiest when enjoying a simple life with six square meals a day, Hobbits are a solid and dependable Race when called to action.
- There are few recorded deeds of Hobbits until late in the Third Age of Middle-earth, which is just the way Hobbits prefer it. They are a simple, quiet folk, preferring to dwell in hillside holes in and around the land known as The Shire. These small folk enjoy the peaceful endeavors of farming, eating and gift giving, rather than concerning themselves with the dangerous affairs of the rest of Middle-earth.
- In these dark days, however, it is the unassuming Hobbits, with their often surprising cleverness in both word and action, that will have the greatest impact in the war between the Free Peoples of Middle-earth and the lengthening shadows of evil... from Angmar, to the north.
- Playable Classes: Burglar, Guardian, Hunter, Minstrel, Warden
- Starting Area: Green Hill Country / Archet / Little Delving
- Men usually take very simple names ending in -o, or aristocratic names drawing from the Frankish and Gothic languages.
- Common prefixes are Adel-, And-, Bando-, Dino-, Dod-, Ever-, Ferd-, Ferum-, Fortin-, Fred-, Gorma-, Hal-, Ham-, Hildi-, Hol-, Isen-, Isum-, Marma-, Meri-, Regin-, Sara-, Sere-, Thae-, Tol-, and Wil-.
- Common endings are -acar, -ard, -bald, -bard, -brand, -bras, -come, -das, -dic, -doc, -egar, -fast, -fred, -gar, -gard, -grim, -ing, -lac, -las, -loc, -mac, -man, -mond, -nas, -red, -ric, -roc, -son, -wise.
- Women take simple names ending in -a, or are named after flowers or jewels. Examples of first names are Belladonna, Dora, Esmerelda, Lobelia, Ruby, Sapphire, and Tulip.
- of the Fallohides - Lovers of trees and woodlands, the Fallohides were the first hobbits to come to the Shire. They generally tend to be fairer of skin and hair, as well as taller and more slender.
- of the Harfoot - The Harfoots are the most prodigious hole-dwellers and were the first to cross west into Eriador. They generally tend to be browner of skin than the other kindreds, as well as smaller and shorter.
- of the Stoors - The Stoors were the last of the hobbit kindreds to come to the Shire, settling at last in the eastern marshlands of the Shire. They generally tend to be heavier and broader of build than the other kindreds.
- : +1% Fear Resistance.
- : +15 Vitality.
- : +60 Non-Combat Morale Regeneration.
- : +1% Shadow Mitigation.
- : -7 Might.
- For details see Hobbit Traits
|Stoop for a Stone||Enables Throw Stone, a short ranged attack||13||Enmity of the Wolves (50)|
|Guile and Conviction Bonus||+5% to Fellowship Manoeuvre damage-over-time and healing||19||Enmity of the Wolves II (100)|
|Hobbit Club-damage Bonus||+5% to 1H & 2H Club damage||25||Enmity of the Wolves III (150)|
|Hobbit-stature||+20 Might||13||Enmity of the Spiders (50)|
|Return to Michel Delving||Enables you to teleport back to Michel Delving||29||Enmity of the Spiders II (150)|
|Hobbit-resilience||Non-stacking +2 Hope buff to fellowship for 10 min, 30 min cooldown||35||Enmity of the Spiders III (250)|
|Hobbit-stealth||Enables Stealth ability, 30 min cooldown||29||Enmity of the Goblins (50)|
|Hobbit-silence||Enables Hobbit-silence feign death ability, 30 min cooldown||35||Enmity of the Goblins II (100)|
|Virtuous Hobbit||+1 Empathy, Honesty, and Idealism||35||Friend of The Mathom Society|
These are obtained via completion of Hobbit Racial Deeds.