|Landmark(s):|| The Blooming Fens |
The Ford of Bruinen
The Gates of Imladris
| Bruinen Gorges |
High Moor is an area within The Trollshaws in the central region.
Along the Great East Road, eastwards from Bruinen river lies the barren High Moor. In the north-east may be found the secret entrance to the hidden valley of Imladris. In the south-east a narrow gap leads into the Giant Valley and Eregion beyond.
These highlands are known for its gigantic moor-flies, bear, boar, and lynx. The few landmarks are natural sceneries, the turbulent ford over the Bruinen river. A bit south, by the eastern shores of the river the most beautiful lilies may be found, at the Blooming Fens, however guarded by bog-lurkers. Finally, a fabulous view over Imladris opens past its gates, the hidden and narrow gorge.
The High Moor is more or less its main road, running through these highlands. A Camp Site Fire with a Mustering Horn is found, quite near the passage into Giant Valley. Quest givers Canaddal and Ringhul can be found at their post at the top of the slopes coming up from the Bruinen Gorges. The lynx of the High Moor are known for dropping superb hide valued high by skilled craftsmen in Rivendell.
These landmarks are located within High Moor:
- The Ford of Bruinen - skirmishs can be found in the Instance Finder
- Vault of Celebrían's Legacy - Quest instance
See the landmarks for more quests
All of the following quests are acquired by talking to Canaddal at his post in the High Moor.
-  Badgering (Badgers)
-  Bloom of the Fens (Flowers)
-  Rationing the Company (Boars)
-  Bringing Warmth (Bears)
-  Wild Cats (Lynx)
-  Stinging Flies (Sickle-flies)
The following quest is acquired after defeating one of the target creatures in the High Moor.
-  Foul Hounds (Bog-lurkers)
The following creatures are found within this area:
- Buzzing Moor-fly
- Fen-creeper Binder
- Great Stonehoof
- High-moor Badger
- Moor Hunter
- Moor Prowler
- Vicious Mountain-bear
- "You are come to the very edge of the Wild, as some of you may know. Hidden somewhere ahead of us is the fair valley of Rivendell where Elrond lives in the Last Homely House ...
- "There seemed to be no trees and no valleys and no hills to break the ground in front of them, only one vast slope going slowly up and up to meet the feet of the nearest mountain, a wide land the colour of heather and crumbling rock, with patches and slashes of grass-green and moss-green showing where water might be." — The Hobbit, by Tolkien
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Trollshaws|
|Settlements:||Echad Candelleth • Rivendell • Thorenhad|
|Areas:||Bruinen Gorges • Giant Valley • High Moor • Nan Tornaeth • North Trollshaws • Rivendell Valley • South Trollshaws • Tâl Bruinen|
|Landmarks:||Amon Nendir • Amon Varadh • Bar-e-Therchir • Barachen's Camp • Barad Glamgil • Barad Remmellad • The Blooming Fens • Cirith Ulunn • Crumbled Cellar • Delossad • Drauglad • Draugroth • Echad Gauradan • Eryn Singor • The Ford of Bruinen • Forgotten Monument • Garbert's Cottage • The Gates of Imladris • Gladdalf • The Glamgil Falls • Laenan • The Last Bridge • Lavanim • The Lost Temple • Minas Agor • Minas Ciliant • Narlinn's Post • Nurath • Ost Belegram • Ost Brandras • Ost Chall • Ost Dúrgonn • Ost Thondol • The Stone-trolls' Glade • The Stonemere • Taur Ornolf • Thingroth • Torogrod • Trapdoor Lair • The Wovenvales|