The Hall of Fire
|Location:||The Last Homely House|
The Hall of Fire is found within the Last Homely House.
In the northern wing at the ground floor of Elrond's house is the Hall of Fire. In there, Bilbo Baggins and Lindir trade riddles, Elf-singers praise the handsome Imladris, as do the elves at the upper levels. This is one of four crafting areas within Rivendell Valley and it provides ovens and a cook trainer, but also various vendors offering supplies and services, as well as a barber.
- "Frodo found himself walking with Gandalf. 'This is the Hall of Fire' said the wizard. 'Here you will hear many songs and tales-if you can keep awake. But except on high days it usually stands empty and quiet, and people come here who wish for peace, and thought. There is always a fire here, all the year round, but there is little other light.'
- As Elrond entered and went towards the seat prepared for him, elvish minstrels began to make sweet music. Slowly the hall filled, and Frodo looked with delight upon the many fair faces that were gathered together; the golden firelight played upon them and shimmered in their hair." — The Fellowship of the Ring, by Tolkien
Supplies & Services
|Sogadan||Vintner - (Tavern Keep)|
-  The Riddle-game
-  The Riddle-maker
-  The Riddle-finder
-  The Riddle-seeker
-  Notes by the Author - Episodic Content
-  Hook, Line, and Sinker - Fishing
-  A Snowy Climb - Episodic Content
-  Passage to Darkness - Small Fellowship
-  My Dwarf Friends
-  Preparing for the Dark - Small Fellowship
-  The Undiscovered Path - Small Fellowship
-  Volume I, Book 14, Chapter 1: Many Provisions
-  A Reminder of Rivendell - Festival
-  A Different Reminder of Rivendell - Festival
-  Crafting: Artisan Scholar - Scholar
-  A Hospitable Home - Episodic Content
-  Bert, Tom, and Bill
-  Instance: The Blade that was Broken
-  Belated Birthday
-  A Lesson from Bilbo Baggins - Burglar
-  A Lesson from Lindir - Minstrel
-  Raid: Reclaiming Eregion's Gift - Raid
-  Volume I, Book 14, Chapter 1: The Long Road South
-  Volume II, Prologue, Foreword: The Strength of Men
-  Volume III, Book 1, Instance: Messages from Lórien - Solo only
-  Hand-written, Hand-delivered - Episodic Content
- "Lord Elrond seems troubled."
- "Welcome to Rivendell, friend."
- "You will find rest here in Imladris."
- "This is truly the Last Homely House."
- "I have found many of the newcomers quite enjoyable."
- "These halls are for rest and quiet contemplation."
- "The Hall of Fire is a place to reflect upon your thoughts."
- "You can hear many beautiful things, if you stop to listen."
- "I have written many works of poetry and song by the light of the great fire."
- "The songs of my people contain all the splendour and sorrow of Middle-earth."
- "Old Bilbo has promised us a new poem."
- "Lindir and Master Baggins always seem deep in one matter or another."
- "Mithrandir may be found in old Bilbo Baggins room."
- "<name> has come to the valley. What business have you for the Master of The Last Homely House?"
- "To dance with the breeze? To stand in the water? To gaze on the daughter? Why has <name> come?"
- "The yellow leaves will brush your cheeks, the wind will blow your hair. Though you may enter with troubles a-plenty you will leave without a care."
- "Come, good <race>, sit by the fire. Your clothes won't dishevel, your feet will not tire."
|Settlements and Landmarks of Rivendell Valley|
|Landmarks:|| The Bridge of Rivendell • Elrond's Stables • The Falls of Imladris • The Forges of Rivendell • Guest Rooms December 24th • The Haven of Orladion • Hidhuinen • Imdolen • Imlad Gelair • The Market of Rivendell • Skirmish Camp • The Spire of Meeting |
Auction Faire of Rivendell • North Gate of Rivendell
Interiors: The Last Homely House
Bilbo's Room December 24th • East Porch • Elrond's Library • The Hall of Fire • Laerdan's Chamber • Scholar's Guild-hall
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Trollshaws|
|Settlements:||Echad Candelleth • Rivendell • Thorenhad|
|Areas:||Bruinen Gorges • Giant Valley • High Moor • Nan Tornaeth • North Trollshaws • Rivendell Valley • South Trollshaws • Tâl Bruinen|
|Landmarks:||Amon Nendir • Amon Varadh • Bar-e-Therchir • Barachen's Camp • Barad Glamgil • Barad Remmellad • The Blooming Fens • Cirith Ulunn • Crumbled Cellar • Delossad • Drauglad • Draugroth • Echad Gauradan • Eryn Singor • The Ford of Bruinen • Forgotten Monument • Garbert's Cottage • The Gates of Imladris • Gladdalf • The Glamgil Falls • Laenan • The Last Bridge • Lavanim • The Lost Temple • Minas Agor • Minas Ciliant • Narlinn's Post • Nurath • Ost Belegram • Ost Brandras • Ost Chall • Ost Dúrgonn • Ost Thondol • The Stone-trolls' Glade • The Stonemere • Taur Ornolf • Thingroth • Torogrod • Trapdoor Lair • The Wovenvales|