Ered Luin is located in the far west of Eriador, north-west of and connected to the Shire. The Blue Mountains, as they are known in Westron, are dominated by dwarves descending from the exile king Thráin II and by elves who used to live in Edhelion but now are established in the south along river Lhûn.
Ered Luin has a long history, though not prominent nor prosperous in any way, being just a remote mountain ridge it did not attract much interest. This did not change when Thráin and his son Thorin Oakenshield arrived, only iron could be mined there. However the Dwarves of the Blue Mountains remained in the region, side by side with elves gathering wood used for their white ships and running famous vineyards long since.
However, Thorin left Ered Luin and together with a throng of dwarves, Gandalf and a famous burglar he tried to reclaim his father's lost treasures; Thorin completed his quest but died. However, in our story he had made a Dourhand the Master of Thorin's Hall and with that background a new dwarf or elf character enters the starter area in Ered Luin.
- Levels: 1 - 15
- Factions: Thorin's Hall and The Ale Association
- Introduced: The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, April 2007
In the beginning Ered Luin (Sindarin for "mountains, blue") was an unbroken mountain ridge, a natural border between Eriador and Beleriand. The elves who settled in Lindon named it Ered Lindon. Also dwarves settled here but these settlements were destroyed in the War of Wrath when the mountains were brought apart and river Lhûn broke through them to the Grey Havens, which survived and remained an elven harbour.
Much later Thráin II established himself in northern Ered Luin when he was exiled by Smaug the dragon. Probably many of his righteous folk moved back to the Lonely Mountain (Erebor) when Thorin Oakenshield retook the domain about 77 years ago (Lotro time); that would explain a wake in which much of the decadent happenings now are taking place.
- Thorin's Hall, the capital under mastership of Dwalin, skirmish camp, superior service and craft centres
- Celondim, vault, bard, vendors, provisions and craft-faire
- Duillond, vendors, provisions and basic crafting
- Gondamon, bard, provisions and craft-faire
Player housing in Ered Luin is provided in two styles:
- Area as well as town
- Quests: mainly 6 - 10
- Town: Duillond
- The Festival Garden
- Camp Site Fire
- Quests: mainly 6 - 15
- Quests: mainly 10 - 12
- Vintner (limited Tavern Keep)
- Quests: mainly 7 - 9
- Town: Gondamon
- Events: Treasure Field Base Camp with Camp Site Fire and Mustering Horn
- Quests: mainly 10 - 13
- Quests: mainly 12
- Intro Quests (Dwarf/Elf): 1 - 3
- Capital of Ered Luin: Thorin's Hall
- Milestone, Mailbox, Skirmish Camp
- Auction House, Vault, Barber, Bard, Class Trainers, Clerk of Kinships, Notary, Outfitter, armour and weapon vendors
- Crafting: Oven, Workbench, Farmlands in The Greenhouse, Superior Forge, Superior Workbench, Forge and Relic-masters
- Crafting guilds: Metalsmith's Guild Hall and Weaponsmith's Guild Hall
- Factions: Thorin's Hall in the Blue Stone Garrison, The Ale Association in Thorin's Hall Inn
- Services: Frerin's Court
- Events: The Festival Arena, The Keg-race of Thorin's Hall
- Quests: mainly 1 - 14
- Outpost: Noglond
- Camp Site Fire
- Dungeon: Sarnúr, level 45 - 50
- Quests: mainly 7 - 9
- Farmlands - Thorin's Hall's Greenhouse and above Celondim's Crafting Terrace
- Forge - Silver Deep
- Metalsmith's Guild - Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall
- Weaponsmith's Guild - Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall
- Superior Forge - Thorin's Hall - The Forging Hall
- Superior Workbench - Blue Stone Garrison in Thorin's Hall (requires Acquaintance with Thorin's Hall (Reputation))
- Apprentice: Falathlorn, Haudh Lin, Kheledûl, Limael's Vinyard, Low Lands, Thorin's Gate, Vale of Thrain
- Journeyman: Haudh Lin, Rath Teraig
Named Creatures List
Each of these creatures is the rare, signature, tougher, named version and all have a high change to drop a rare shard used in crafting.
|Named Creatures :|
Each of these named creatures is the rare, signature, unique or named version for quests.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Ered Luin|
|Settlements:||Celondim • Duillond • Gondamon • Noglond • Thorin's Hall|
|Areas:||Falathlorn • Falathlorn Homesteads • Haudh Lin • Kheledûl • Limael's Vinyard • Low Lands • Rath Teraig • Refuge of Edhelion • Thorin's Gate • Thorin's Hall Homesteads • Vale of Thrain|
|Landmarks:||Amon Thanc • The Berghold • Clovenvale • Crookdell • Dol Ringwest • The Eastway • Edhelion Watch • Emyn Hoedh • The Festival Garden • Frerin's Court • The Grimwater • Hunter's Notch • Kheledûl Docks • Limael's Vinyard • Mirkstone Tunnels • Nen Hilith • Northern Barricade • Orodost • Ringdale • Rivergate Watch • Rockbelly Pit • Sarnúr • Silver Deep • Skirmish Camp • Southern Barricade • Spire of Kheledûl • Talath Ondren • Tham Gelair • Thrushstones • Thorin's Gates • Thrasi's Lodge • Treasure Field Base Camp • Tum Agor • The Wardspire • Winterheight|
|Regions of Eriador|
|Angmar • Bree-land • Dunland • Enedwaith • Ered Luin • Eregion • Ettenmoors • Evendim • Forochel • Gap of Rohan • The Lone-lands • The Misty Mountains • Nan Curunír • The North Downs • The Shire • The Trollshaws|