This effect is granted by the item Erebrandir's Horseshoe.
- During the instance The Infiltrators' Surprise, wearing the horseshoe will spawn Jon Sandheaver, a Hobbit in a skeleton costume, proclaiming his fondness for turtles in reference to an Internet video.
- Wearing the horseshoe will change "exactly one line of text in one quest in the same Epic line that you get the horseshoe."
- Wearing the horseshoe during the snowball fight in Frostbluff grants a short immunity to the impairment effects of snowballs - - in reference to a line from the movie The Matrix.
These effects have been denied by the developers:
- Improve fishing.
- Affect loot from chests.
- Increase the crit chance for Relic combining.
It has been suggested, but never confirmed, that equipping the Horseshoe might:
- Improve your chance of looting shards when Prospecting and Foresting.
- Improve your chance of getting on stage in the theater at Frostbluff.
- Improve your chance in the Treasure Hunt event.
- One of the dwarves in the Treasure Hunt suggests to take something lucky into the fields, saying that "one should always carry a lucky item in their pocket, like a horse shoe."