- This settlement is haunted by the Wainriders and upon approach your are beset with:
- These effects are eliminated once you complete the Quest: Blood of Númenor
- Faramir's tale of the Wainriders
- Faramir, son of Ondohler
- 'If you are to survive long in these lnds, <class>, you must first learn the hisroty of the Wainriders as I and my father once did.
- 'The hatred between Gondor and the Wainriders is a tale of fathers and sons. Our lands were stolen and reclaimed throguh the passing of the years, but the Wainriders shaped the line of kings in a way that no other foe could equal.
- 'After loosing his own father to their hordes, King Calimehtar, father of my father, rode against the Wainriders in vengeance. With the help of the North-men, he devastated their ranks, broke their wains and chariots, and slwe them upon the hill to the east - a hill wich came to be known as Dol Acharn. Such a victory brought peace to Gondor for many years, and Calimeehtar never again had to contend with the Wainriders before his death.
- 'Peace, such as it is, is always short-lived. Calimehart's son and my father, King Ondoher, was forced to meet them in battle. Alas, you are aware of the loss Gondor suffered as a result.
- 'Artamir here has told me much of the days that followed the King's death as well as my own. He tells me that the Wainriders made camp to the southwest, but were ambushed and slim to the last by a vast army under command of a man named Eärnil. He claims that Eärnil soon became king of Gondor, even in the fact of the claim made by my sister's husband, King Arvedui of Arthedail. What talkes he has told me of these new days...
The following deeds can be advanced by visiting this location:
- The quests of Ondoher's Folly and DOl Acharn are intertwined.
-  Grave Tidings
-  Lost in Passing
- Faramir, son of Ondoher
-  Faramir's Ruse
-  The Wainriders of Dol Acharn -- Any Wainrider
-  Vengeance of the Fallen
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of The Wastes|
|Areas:||Noman-lands • Dagorlad • Slag-hills|
|Landmarks:|| Tham Durlan • Nuiharn • Guard Tower Ruins • Store House Ruins • Merchant shop Ruins • Farm House Ruins • Inn Ruins • Nobel's House Ruins • Stable Ruins|
Carchost • Dol Acharn • Dûm Boha • Fushaum Gund • Lang Rhuven • Narchost • Ondoher's Folly • Skoironk