Defence of the Prancing Pony
Defence of the Prancing Pony, is a level 35-115 skirmish, is located within Bree at The Prancing Pony. Skirmishes, can be started by using the Instance Finder, (as long as you're not in an instance already).
Bree was a beacon of freedom for all in the North, until brigands took it for their own. The inhabitants of Bree have spent the occupation holed up within The Prancing Pony. Barricaded within The Prancing Pony desperately awaiting help. Angered at their uprising, the brigands have decided to burn them out....
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 35.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There is one quest in this skirmish that scales to your level. You will automatically receive it when entering the Skirmish.
- The Defence of the Prancing Pony (Deed) rewards the Title: Defender of the Prancing Pony
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
For all possible skirmish lieutenants, see the page Skirmish Lieutenants.
These are some of the other creatures found here.
Random Encounter mobs:
- Old Hunter
- Willie Hawthorn
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
- I try to wait near Second-watcher Heathstraw for the next wave of attackers.
- If you have an offensive soldier, instruct him or her to engage the enemy before you attack the Weak Southern Torch-bearer.
- Second-watcher Heathstraw has a better change of surviving if you engage the enemy before they get close enough to aggro him.
- If you are not able to do the encounters between waves of attackers, most of them can be put off until after Goilog is defeated, but before you talk to Second-watcher Heathstraw to end the skirmish.
Boss and End Fight
Simple boss fight against Goilag in a final showdown. Remember to loot Goilag's corpse before leaving.
- By level stat details are on the boss page
- completing quest flags or objectives
- End Boss
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes you will need to activate the last banner before the chest appears, be aware and DON'T LEAVE until after you find the boss loot or chest.
Skirmish Marks are the main rewards and currency of skirmishes. They are not stored in one's inventory; but found in the skirmish and player's wallet windows. Marks, Medallions, and Seals are used to barter at the many skirmish barters.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- money coin like the
- Heritage Runes like the
- Relics like the
- Legendary Consumable Items like
- Legendary Crafting Components like
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems give a temporarily buff effect on yourself, or deal damage or debuff a mob
- Reputation usually about 700 points of reputation with various factions
|Offensive:||Attack at Dawn • Thievery and Mischief • Trouble in Tuckborough • The Icy Crevasse • Rescue in Nûrz Ghâshu • Storm on Methedras • Strike Against Dannenglor • Breaching the Necromancer's Gate • Assault on the Ringwraiths' Lair • The Battle in the Tower|
|Defensive:||The Siege of Gondamon • Stand at Amon Sûl • Defence of the Prancing Pony • The Ford of Bruinen • The Battle of the Deep-way • Battle of the Way of Smiths • Battle of the Twenty-first Hall • Protectors of Thangúlhad|