Combe is a settlement and an area in Bree-land.
This fine town is located at the road from Bree to Archet and a smaller road forks off to Chetwood and Combe's lumberyard. New man characters arrive here on their way to explore the Middle-earth; they will find appropriate services, adventures and mysteries to unwind. The residents are well aware of the tragedy that happened in Archet and welcomes any helping hand to resolve problems or prevent the brigands to spread further.
Combe hosts several interiors for crafting, combat training, and quests. Among them is found a bard, a kinship clerk, armour & weapon vendors, a crafting hall with trainers and vendors, class trainers, and more. See the interiors respectively for further details.
Landmarks & Interiors
|Michel Delving||(Swift)||The Shire||1|
|Thorin's Gate||(Swift)||Ered Luin||1|
See "starting quests" and the interiors for more quests
-  Earning Trust
-  Food-trough
-  Horse-bedding
-  Water-bucket
-  Worse for Wear
-  Proof of Trust
-  Beneath the Hanging Tree
-  The Logger's Ledger
-  Mourning the Dead
-  Unpaid Debts
-  Blackwold Valuables
-  Rurik Fennel, Locksmith
-  Reconnecting Ties
-  More Treasure
-  Blackwold Thieves
-  Crafting: Geoffrey Fuller Hates Splinters
-  Friendships Renewed
-  Gifts -- Delicious Pastries - Anniversary
-  Gifts -- Wooden Carving - Anniversary
-  New Arrival in Combe
-  Crafting: Strong of Arm and Sharp of Mind
-  Volume I, Book 9, Chapter 3: Golodir's Request
-  Gifts -- A Delicate Bracelet - Anniversary
See list of all NPCs within Combe.
Services & Equipment
|Weapons and Armour|
|Mag Hardhammer||Light Armoursmith|
|Nate Fleetfoot||Medium Armoursmith|
|Karl Quickfire||One-handed Weaponsmith|
|Lowell Wickham||Two-handed Weaponsmith|
- The armour and weapons are for levels 5 to 9.
Civic Structures and Facilities
Notice: The different locations within this section individually list quests, services, NPCs, and more, which pertain to each of them.
The Comb and Wattle Inn
- See The Comb and Wattle Inn for more details.
Located at the heart of Combe it is strange how shabby and worn this inn is; it may hardly be the result of the unpleasant ruffians who complain about food and whatever. Lizbeth Honeymeade, the Tavern Keep, works hard to provide best possible service but.... During festivals this place livens up a bit as members of the Inn League empty the storage of Beakbreaker Ale.
Combe Crafting Hall
- See Combe Crafting Hall for more details.
The crafting hall is located a short distance east and uphill from the centre of Combe, along the way to Chetwood. This crafting facility provides trainers for all sorts of crafting professions. Its Mistress of Apprentices, who is Jill Brushwood, is happy to help any fledgling crafter to acquire a vocation and to give direction to proper trainers. Crafters that wish to find a crafting guild should meet Rob Burrows, the Master of Crafting Guilds.
- See Training Hall for more details.
This training hall is located just east of the Comb and Wattle Inn, sharing the same porch for entrance. Here adventurers and warriors sharpen their skills and obtain training and class related items and recipes.
- Class trainers
- "Bree was the chief village of the Bree-land, a small inhabited region, like an island in the empty lands round about. Besides Bree itself, there was Staddle on the other side of the hill, Combe in a deep valley a little further eastward, and Archet on the edge of the Chetwood. (...) Most of the inhabitants of Bree and Staddle, and many even from Combe and Archet, were crowded in the road to see the travellers start." — The Fellowship of the Ring, by Tolkien
- One of the four settlements that together made up the Bree-land, Combe lay in a deep valley on the eastern side of the Bree-hill. It was somewhat to the north of Staddle, but not so distant from Bree as Archet on the fringes of the Chetwood. Its name comes ultimately from an Old English word cumb meaning a deep valley. Probably founded before TA 1300. — lorebook
|Settlements and Landmarks of Combe|
|Landmarks:||Cartwell's House • The Comb and Wattle Inn • Combe Crafting Hall • Ellie Cutleaf's House • Training Hall|
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Bree-land|
|Settlements:||Archet • Bree • Combe • Staddle|
|Areas:||Andrath • Archet Dale • Brandy Hills • The Brandywood • Bree-land Homesteads • Buckland • Chetwood • Eastern Bree-fields • Far Chetwood • Hengstacer Farm • The Horsefields • The Midgewater Marshes • Nen Harn • Northern Barrow-downs • Northern Bree-fields • The Old Forest • Southern Barrow-downs • Southern Bree-fields • Starmere Lake • Weather Hills|
|Landmarks:||Within eastern Bree-land: Big Staddlemere • Bindbale's Rest • Blackwold Headquarters • Brigand Cave • Combe Lumber Camp • The Crumbled Court • Goblinhole Ruins • Grobo Dogwort's House • Marshwater Fort • Midgewater Pass • The Mustering Cave • Old Bauman's Farm • Ost Alagos • Ost Baranor • Silverwell • Skunkwood's Farm • Staddle Falls • Stump Field • Sunken Stones • Torthanns Camp • Weatherway • Wolf Den • Woodsedge Ruins • The Yellow Tree|