It has a high survivability due to its high morale and high level. It also deals high auto-attack damage, even though this is common damage. Moreover, it is the only pet that is ranged. The bog-guardian has the ability to deal a damage over time ranged attack. It also has the ability to apply an increased incoming ranged critical chance debuff on a target. This can be useful in a fellowship with a lot of Hunters, although the bear with its Shatter Arms debuff might in some cases be a better choice (more on this topic here). In either case, this debuff is useful for the bog-guardian itself. It also has a skill that has a chance to pull off Fellowship Maneuvers. The bog-guardian is a good pet for difficult solo situations due to its high damage, survivability and flank rate. It can temporarily take the role of tank and keep the Lore-master's morale and power up with its many flanks.
The bog-guardian has the highest flank rate.
The last three skills on the Bog-guardian's Skill Bar are:
- Angry Bees: Unleashes bees that deal damage over time
- Root Strike: A powerful root attack that deals damage and increases the ranged critical chance on the target
- Bursting Root: Deals damage and has a chance to open a fellowship maneuver
The trait Noble Savage enhances the Lore-master's companion by improving its morale, power, attack speed, damage, critical chance, block, parry and evade chance, stealth and stealth detection, as well as granting it immunity to knockbacks.
A Bog-guardian can drink Bowls of Water to temporarily increase its ranged offence rating, fire and acid defence rating and maximum power. Bowls of Water are crafted by Cooks.
- Bowl of Water (25)
- Bowl of Filtered Water (30)
- Bowl of Refreshing Water (35)
- Bowl of Cool Water (40)
- Bowl of Fresh Water (55)
- Bowl of Spring Water (70)
- Bowl of Eastemnet Water (85)
A Lore-master can equip a brooch in their ranged slot that grants their pet one of the following:
- Up to 365 Critical Rating
- Up to 480 In-combat morale regen and 3040 Evade rating
|Raven • Bear • Lynx • Eagle • Sabertooth Cat • Bog-guardian • Spirit of Nature • Non-combat Pets|