| Accuracy Stub
This article is marked for checking accuracy.
Please check other sources to verify if the information provided is correct.
The Barter Wallet
The Wallet (originally called the Barter Wallet) or the Enhanced Wallet is a feature of the User Interface (UI) to store and organize various forms of in-game "Currencies." These may be in the form of "Coin," "Points" or "Things for Barter."
Every account has a "default" or "basic" Wallet.
The contents of this default Wallet are restricted to the particular Character and to a few items across characters under the account on that server as the "shared storage" feature.
The functionality of this basic Wallet can be expanded with the purchase from the LOTRO Store of an "Enhanced Currency" Wallet.
The Enhanced Currency feature is purchased once by the account and applies to all characters (including Monster Play Creatures) related to that account on all servers.
However, this expanded Wallet shows items for all characters across the account on a particular server only. As with Shared Storage, it does not allow the sharing or transfer of items between servers.
Your Barter Wallet contains important, implicit information displayed in "Green Type" or in "White Type."
- "White Type" items are bound to a specific character and will only appear when logged in as that character.
- "Green Type" Account Shared items are bound to your account on a specific server. All your characters on the same server have access to these items.
Accessing the Wallet
The Barter Wallet, like most UI items, may be opened a number of different ways:
- Click on the the main menu -- the Caret symbol (^) -- at the lower left of your screen; then "mouse-over" "Character; then on the resulting "pop-out" menu, select "Wallet." (Note: at the right of this entry is the default Keyboard shortcut "B".)
- Via the "Keyboard Shortcut" - "B" on the keyboard. You can reassign this via Options/Key Mapping.
- Click on the Icon at about 1 o'clock on the Radar -- the old "Destiny Points" display trigger.
- Or you can assign it to a Toolbar slot: Option/UI Settings; Pick a "Toolbar Slot"; select "Wallet" from the pop-up.
Contents of the Wallet
Your Wallet may contain any of the following items: The following list is incomplete.
- Gold, Silver, Copper
- Mithril Coin
- Festivals and Events
- Item Advancement
- Shards - Account Shared
- How many "Destiny Points" you have accumulated are displayed if you click on the "Perks" button at the lower left of the Wallet. This opens another window showing what "perks" you can spend those points on.
- (Note: These points are Account Shared)
The "Crafting" items are the output of Crafted Relics recipes for T6 (Supreme) and T7 (Westfold) The following list is incomplete.
- Gold, Silver, Copper
- Adorned Dragon-helms - Metalsmith
- Adorned Royal Crowns - Metalsmith
- 'Battle of Dagorlad' Tapestries - Tailor
- 'Battle of Five Armies' Tapestries - Tailor
- Beryl Pendants - Jeweller
- Black-wood Bows - Woodworker
- Ceremonial Dwarf-axes - Weaponsmith
- Dragon-helms - Metalsmith
- Dúnedain Stars - Jeweller
- Elaborate Dúnedain Stars - Jeweller
- Elaborate Royal Circlets - Jeweller
- Embroidered 'Battle of Five Armies' Tapestries - Tailor
- Embroidered 'Battle of Dagorlad' Tapestries - Tailor
- Engraved Elf-blades - Weaponsmith
- Engraved Red Arrows - Woodworker
- Engraved Statues of Elendil - Woodworker
- Feasts of Ethuilwereth - Cook
- Feasts of Harvestmath - Cook
- Feasts of Lithe - Cook
- Flawless Ceremonial Dwarf-axes - Weaponsmith
- Flawless Númenórean Sceptres - Weaponsmith
- Grand Feasts of Ethuilwereth - Cook
- Grand Feasts of Lithe - Cook
- Illuminated Records of the Elf-lords - Scholar
- Illuminated Records of the Race of Man - Scholar
- Iron Garrison Resource Tokens
- Númenórean Sceptres - Weaponsmith
- Records of Durin - Scholar
- Records of the Elf-lords - Scholar
- Records of the Race of Man - Scholar
- Red Arrows - Woodworker
- Royal Circlets - Jeweller
- Royal Crowns - Metalsmith
- 'Siege of Bard-dûr' Tapestries - Tailor
- Silver Basins - Metalsmith
- Statues of Elendil - Woodworker
- Tokens of Effort
- Festival and Events
- Ancient Gold Tokens
- Ancient Silver Tokens
- Anniversary Race Tokens
- Anniversary Tokens
- Bad Fish
- Badges of Dishonour
- Badges of Taste
- Big Fish
- Buried Treasure Tokens
- Calenard Token
- Documents of Mount Ownership
- Easy Fish
- Fall Festival Tokens
- Farmers Faire Tokens
- Farmers Faire Race Tokens
- Festival Tickets
- Frostbluff Coins
- Gold Tokens
- Harvestmath Race Tokens
- Iron Tokens
- Platinum Tokens
- Possible Fish
- Puny Fish
- Silver Tokens
- Simple Fish
- Springfest Race Tokens
- Summer Festival Tokens
- Tin Tokens
- Tricky Fish
- Unlikely Fish
- Yule Festival Tokens
- Yule Horse Race Tokens
- Item Advancement
- Instances and Skirmishes
- Arnorian Armour Fragments - Converted to Marks
- Blades of Dúnachar
- Breastplates of Gruglok
- Broken Signets
- Cloven Helms of Lagmas
- Dark Emblems of Courage - Account Shared
- Dark Emblems of Strength - Account Shared
- Dazzling Emeralds - Account Shared
- Eglain Tokens - Account Shared
- Firey Quartz - Account Shared
- Glinting Amethysts - Account Shared
- Glowing Red Rubies - Account Shared
- Greater Elf-stones of Courage - Account Shared
- Helchgam's Beaks
- Marks - Account Shared
- Marks of Triumph
- Marks of Victory - Account Shared
- Medallions - Account Shared
- Medallions of Dol Guldur - Account Shared
- Medallions of Lothlórien - Account Shared
- Medallions of Moria - Account Shared
- Medallions of the North-men - Account Shared
- Near Perfect Sapphires - Account Shared
- Obsidian Rock-shards
- Orthanc Sigil-fragments - Account Shared
- Pristine Opals - Account Shared
- Rift-iron Coins
- Scorched Helm Tokens
- Scorched Shoulder-guard Tokens
- Scraps of Rift-iron Ore
- Scraps of Wisdán's Cloak
- Seals - Account Shared
- Sparkling Diamonds - Account Shared
- Udúnion's Horns
- Unhatched Spider Eggs - Account Shared
- Vile Bronze Coins
- Vile Silver Coins
- Western Heroes' Steel Boots Medaillons - Account Shared
- Western Heroes' Steel Breastplate Medaillons - Account Shared
- Western Heroes' Steel Gauntlets Medaillons - Account Shared
- Western Heroes' Steel Helmet Medaillons - Account Shared
- Western Heroes' Steel Leg-guards Medaillons - Account Shared
- Western Heroes' Steel Shoulder-guards Medaillons - Account Shared
- Bronze Arnorian Coins
- Golden Tokens of the Anduin
- Golden Tokens of the Wilds
- Lothlórien Gold Leaves
- Lothlórien Silver Branches
- Malledhrim Bronze Feathers
- Malledhrim Gold Star Emblems
- Silver Arnorian Coins
- Silver Tokens of the Anduin
- Silver Tokens of the Riddermark
- Silver Tokens of the Wilds
- Tokens of Hytbold
- Tokens of Salutation
- Monster Play
- Arms of Lagmas
- Beast's Drums
- Glothrok's Tokens
- Gothghaash's Symbols
- Igash's Trinket
- Ivar's Banners
- Krankluk's Hammers
- Mirrors of Mordirith
- Naruhel's Dresses
- Nornúan's Heads
- Skulls of Thorog
- Tentacles of Helchgam
- Thaurlach's Blades
- Udunion's Swords
- Undamaged Brown-bear Corpses
- Undamaged Frost-antler Heads
- Undamaged Sabre-tooth Corpses
- Undamaged Tundra Bear Corpses
- Undamaged Warg Corpses
- Undamaged Winter-worm Corpses
- Your Turbine Points are not held by Turbine. The LOTRO Store is operated by a third party company called PlaySpan. Your Turbine Points are in your PlaySpan account. As a consequence, there is a short delay between earning Turbine Points, having them available in the store, and having the addition reported in-game.
- Skirmish Marks, which appear in the barter wallet (for any of several reasons), will be automatically converted to marks the next time you log in.
- Barter Fish do not go into the wallet.
- Wallet items which are stored in the Vault or Shared Vault remain there until they are withdrawn from the vault. At that time, they are transferred from your inventory into the wallet, and converted if appropriate.
- Old wallet items are converted to their equivalent new items after your character logs out and logs in again.
- Commendations are limited to a total of 10,000 per account, not per character!
History of the "Wallet"
With the November 2010 update (Free-to-Play -- F2P), in response to player demands, Turbine implemented a new (revised) Barter Wallet. Usually just referred to as the "Wallet."
This has been revised (expanded) with every release since its introduction.
If you are having trouble locating your various reward items, please check your Barter Wallet, they will no longer take up space in your character's inventory (Bags, Vault or Shared Storage).
Update 5 Changes
With Update 5, all the various Skirmish rewards were consolidated into Marks, Medallions or Seals, and now called "Currency," and all stored in the Wallet.
The Skirmish Exchange vendor in the Skirmish Camps is now the Currency Exchange vendor, though he now can only downgrade currency. Seals may be sold for Medallions, and Medallions sold for Marks. Additionally, he will exchange Superior Fourth Marks for either Medallions or Seals.
The following turned into Marks:
Skirmish Marks, Recruit's Mark, Footman's Mark, Veteran Footman's Mark, Esquire's Mark, Veteran Esquire's Mark, Guardsman's Mark, Veteran Guardsman's Mark, Sergeant-at-Arms Mark, Veteran Sergeant-at-Arms Mark, Arnorian Armour Fragment, Battered Arnorian Armour,
The following turned into Medallions:
Eruilan Campaign Mark, Adlan Campaign Mark, Naillan Campaign Mark, Cannuilan Campaign Mark, Lefnuilan Campaign Mark, Enguilan Campaign Mark, Odothuilan Campaign Mark, Annúminas Mark, Eregion Mark, Helegrod Mark, Great Barrow Mark, Inn of the Forsaken Mark, Halls of Night Mark, Veteran's Fourth Mark, Fourth Mark, Superior Third Mark, Veteran's Third Mark, Third Mark, Veteran's Second Mark, Second Mark, Veteran's First Mark, First Mark, Broken Arnorian Pauldrons, Broken Arnorian Shirt, Broken Arnorian Leggings, Thorog's Fang, Thorog's Claw, Thorog's Horn, Scrap of Storvâgûn's Armour, Zaudru's Stinger, Amulet of the Witch-King,
Note that items stored in your vault are not move to the wallet, until they are withdrawn to your inventory.
Update 6 Changes
The LOTRO store offeres the Premium Wallet Upgrade, which allows most barter items to be stored in the wallet.
- "Free up more space for crafting, looting, treasure, and more! This upgrade is account wide and will apply to all existing characters and future characters you create. It will allow you to carry more barter items, tokens, and currencies in your wallet, rather than in your bank or inventory. This includes instance and skirmish tokens, region barter tokens, festival tokens, taxidermy barter items, legendary item barter tokens, crafting instance tokens and crafted runic barter items."
The Barter Wallet holds all Marks, Medallions and Seals used to purchase items from the Skirmish Barter Vendors, and others as well as all Anniversary Tokens.
See also: Update 6: Commendations Developer Diary
- Commendations are a per-server, account shared currency in Monster Play.
Store Location: Account → Account Upgrades
Update 10 Changes
- Mithril Coin Q & A 29 January 2013
- The release of Update 10 will introduce a new in-game currency called Mithril Coins. They can be purchased in the LOTRO store with Turbine Points and can be used for a variety of services including Stablemasters, Fast Travel to NPCs in quests, Reviving, Mannequins, and Daily Quest resets.