Attack at Dawn
"In the late evening hours, a small group of refugees sought refuge in the hidden Ranger-camp of Esteldín. These refugees were followed by a small group of goblin-scouts that quickly fled to Dol Dínen to bring word to their chief, Graug. Siniath the Ranger has asked you to seek out Graug and defeat him before he can spread word of the Esteldín's lcation. As you arrive near Dol Dínen, the first rays of false dawn can be seen overhead."
This Skirmish has a minimum level of 30.
Group, Level and Tier
There are three Tiers of difficulty for this Skirmish
You can start this skirmish for the following groups:
- Solo (1) or Duo (2)
- Small Fellowship (3) or Fellowship (6)
- Raid (12)
There is one quest in this skirmish that scales to your level. You will automatically receive it when entering the Skirmish.
- The Attack at Dawn (Deed) rewards the Title: Dawn-breaker
- There are a number of Skirmish Lieutenants Deeds
- Since you will only meet one or two of these encounter mobs each skirmish, you will have to do several sessions before you can complete it.
- Mobs you encounter must be close to your level or the kill will not count towards the deed
These are some of the other creatures found here.
- Hale Ongbúrz Reaver
- Hale Ongbúrz Warg-rider
- Weak Goblin Firelobber
- Weak Ongbúrz Berserker
- Weak Ongbúrz Brute
- Weak Ongbúrz Crusher
- Weak Ongbúrz Defender
- Weak Ongbúrz Defiler
- Weak Ongbúrz Fighter
- Weak Ongbúrz Pack-leader
- Weak Ongbúrz Soldier
- Weak Ongbúrz Stone-heaver
- Weak Ongbúrz Thrower
- Weak Ongbúrz Warg-rider
Random Encounter mobs:
- will only meet some of these mobs during the instance, not all.
- By level stat details are on the creatures page
Fight your way thru the courtyards. Each courtyard is barricaded with a massive gate.
- There are three groups of enemies in the first courtyard, a central group inside the main gate, and one each at the Eastern and Western gates. Try to take them on one at a time.
- Taking one or the other of the Eastern or Western gate lets you into the main courtyard, but you should defeat the mobs at both gates, so you will not encounter them later, when returning from a defeat, or going to fight an encounter. The second gate will open after you take the central gate and defeat the resulting counterattacks in Objective 3.
- If you take both the Eastern and Western gates, you will only get one encounter. You may never encounter Krampum if you always take both gates.
- Watch out for the falling catapult rocks in the upper and lower main courtyard. They hurt, so don't stand in the center of the orange targeting circle. The ramp is a safe zone, and near the edges where the encounter mobs appear. The rocks can be used to take out or soften up enemy combatants, including the encounter mobs.
- If you are patient, the mobs in the main courtyard may wonder far enough apart that you can fight some of them in the lower area and some in the upper area.
- After you take the central gate (Objective 3), there will be two counter attacks, one from uphill, and one from below.
- After you take the catapults (Objective 5), there will be one counter attack (in solo mode). Some of the mobs may race toward the path down to the main courtyard. You might be able to split the fight if they get too far from their buddies who rush into the area around the destroyed catapults.
Boss and End Fight
Fight vs the goblin boss Graug. Don't let any of the goblin-scouts escape. In a solo skirmish, you are supposed to be able to ignore the goblin-scouts. The rangers outside the tent should catch any escaping goblin-scouts. However, one might escape between the time you kill Graug and when you capture the final control point banner, causing the instance to fail. I try to capture the flag as quick as I can. After you capture the control point, a goblin-scout can escape without causing an instance failure.
- completing quest flags or objectives
- End Boss
- Fancy Wooden Chest (appears after the boss fight)
- Sometimes you will need to activate the last banner before the chest appears, be aware and DON'T LEAVE until after you find the boss loot or chest.
Skirmish Marks are the main rewards and currency of skirmishes. They are not stored in one's inventory; but found in the skirmish and player's wallet windows. Marks, Medallions, and Seals are used to barter at the many skirmish barterers.
Summary Loot List
- Legendary Item Experience
- , s (primarily from encounters and bosses), s (from higher tiers) s
- money coin like the
- Heritage Runes like the
- Relics like the
- Legendary Consumable Items like
- Legendary Crafting Components like
- Skirmish Tokens and Emblems give a temporarily buff effect on yourself, or deal damage or debuff a mob
- Reputation usually about 700 points of reputation with various factions