Anniversary Celebration 2017
The 10th Anniversary
- April 24, 2017, marks the tenth anniversary of the Lord of the Rings Online and as such special events will take place from April 20 - May 8.
- LOTRO's 10th Anniversary is here and SSG wants you to be a part of our celebration! We would like extend a gift as our way of saying thank you for joining us on our journey over the last ten years! During the Anniversary Festival, which runs from April 20th through May 8th, all players will be eligible to receive gifts based on your account status* as of 11:59am EDT on April 19th, 2017. Gifts will range from set of fireworks for all, to more exclusive items for our most steadfast premium and VIP players.
10th Anniversary Music Countdown
- Chance Thomas is reflecting on a decade of music for LOTRO in a new video series. Click here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp8-eNYOqZmNadm16eTRK6ZFvpRc97q43 for the YouTube playlist!
- A new tune is posted every day along with commentary from Chance Thomas on the particular track.
- Dadi's LOTRO Guides also offers a collection of LOTRO Music by Chance Thomas.
- "In preparation for LOTRO’s 10th anniversary today (April 20th) we thought it would be fun to get you in the mood with some of the music by legendary composer Chance Thomas."
- http://dadislotroguides.com/lotro-music-chance-thomas/ 
10th Anniversary Live Twitch stream
- LOTRO will hold a Tenth Anniversary Livestream on their Twitch channel. Join Cordovan and the rest of the Standing Stone Games crew from Noon until Midnight Eastern on Tuesday, April 25th for a 12-hour livestream celebrating a decade of Lord of the Rings Online! Featuring interviews, in-game fun, a dig through the archives and more!
The Scavenger Hunt
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt is underway! Waldo Rumble requires your assistance at the Party Tree in the Shire. Complete scavenger hunts each week to earn rewards and celebrate ten years of LOTRO! April 20 through July 13th. Details below in the quests section Anniversary Event Quests.
Originally posted by DrOctothorpe 20 April 2017 In the new Scavenger Hunt, we wanted to celebrate the length and breadth of Lord of the Rings Online. That meant looking back over all the moments, regions, and yes, level ranges that cover the ten full years we have run. When we sat down to decide how to celebrate a decade of our game, we fell in love with the idea of exploring the aspects of the game that you, our players, have told us caused you to fall in love with LOTRO: the story, world, and the many adventures, small jokes, and bits of color--sorry, colour-- found across our rendition of Middle-earth. We encourage lower-level players to make use of the incredible player community in LOTRO and get a little help from friends, kinships, and even kindly strangers to complete quests that go far afield. Also keep in mind that most of the rewards come from completing a single quest for each year. Our goal was to keep the event light and fun, where you could dip your toe in and get something out of it. But here's the important thing: the Scavenger Hunt will be back next year. The quests you have completed will remain completed and the ones that remain will be waiting for you. Of course, there will also be an eleventh year to finish, but that's time for you. It marches onward for all the free peoples, even the Elves.
- The festival repeats the events from previous Anniversary Festivals, with the addition of new items, including a Windfells Goat, Fire Flower Cloak, White Tree Fireworks, blue orb emote and the ability to barter for Star-lit Crystals
Anniversary Gifts and Character Portrait Frames
- Gifts are bestowed to accounts according to Account Status - see References below for a detailed explanation of Account Status.
- The gift boxes are automatically placed in the inventories of all characters on the account upon character login, provided there are enough open spaces available. If you did not have enough inventory spaces, the remaining gifts will appear upon the next login when enough spaces are open.
- Eligible players will have their new Character Portrait Frames automatically available to your characters upon login. (You must select the frame version to display.)
- One year - Accounts created on April 30th, 2016 or earlier: 1-year Giftbox
- Two years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2015 or earlier: 2-year Giftbox
- Three years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2014 or earlier: 3-year Giftbox
- Four years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2013 or earlier: 4-year Giftbox
- Five years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2012 or earlier: 5-year Giftbox
- Six years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2011 or earlier: 6-year Giftbox
- Seven years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2010 or earlier: 7-year Giftbox
- Legends in their own time. Ancient forests and men of old sing songs of your acts of valor.
- Your Monster Play character will receive:
- Eight years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2009 or earlier: 8-year Giftbox
- Nine years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2008 or earlier: 9-year Giftbox
- 10 years - Accounts created on April 30th, 2007 or earlier: 10-year Giftbox
- Games-master (found in multiple locations)
- Keeper of Gifts (found in multiple locations)
- All Festival Deeds are found under Race & Social
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt - Auto completes on login during the Anniversary Celebration 2017, and accompanied by an in-game mail from Waldo Rumble asking for help.
- For completing one Scavenger Hunt Quest for each of the 10 years:
- For completing all ten years' Scavenger Hunt Travel quests:
- For completing all ten years' Scavenger Hunt Trifle quests:
- For completing all ten years' Scavenger Hunt Tales quests:
Events / Quests
- The Anniversary Quests are divided into two groups:
- The quest level scales to your character's level.
- The experience and monetary rewards scale based on the quest level
- Some Anniversary Event repeatable quests are repeatable on a periodic basis (they reset at 3am EST).
- A Yearly Yield (Intro) - Landscape
- A Yearly Yield (Intermediate) - Landscape
- Another Lovely Year - Repeatable Daily - 3 times for each "Yearly Yield"
Gift giving (Repeatable every 3 days)
- Many of the citizens of Eriador are in a gift-giving mood. They request that you deliver a certain item to a person, and in turn, that person asks you to return the favor and give a gift to another person forming a circle of quests that leads you back to the first person. You can pick up the quest at any point and the quests are repeatable every few days.
- It is being discussed on the forums that the found as part of the reward for the wrapper quests is significant.
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year One - Offered week One (April 20)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Two - Offered week One (April 20)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Three - Offered week Two (April 27)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Four - Offered week Three (May 4)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Five - Offered week Four (May 11)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Six - Offered week Five (May 18)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Seven - Offered week Six (May 25)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Eight - Offered week Seven (June 1)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Nine - Offered week Eight (June 8)
- The Anniversary Scavenger Hunt -- Year Ten - Offered week Nine(June 15)
- *Account Status refers to the billing state of the account as of 11:59am EST on April 19th, 2017. An account may reflect a billing state of VIP, Premium, Free Player or Suspended Account Status. Rewards will be distributed based on the original creation date of the account (the date the account was first created) as well as the billing state of the account (VIP, Premium or Free Player) at the time of account review at 11:59am EST on April 19th, 2017. Account must be in good standing to receive rewards. Rewards have no cash value. You may see all of the individual Subscriptions on a single master Account by logging into https://myaccount.standingstonegames.com/. Standing Stone Games' decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Anniversary Rewards Program. Standing Stone Games, LLC, is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telep hone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Anniversary Rewards Program, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the upgrade of accounts.
- The "Department of Strategy" has a good guide to the Scavenger Hunt or as they call it the "Befriend a Hunter Festival".
Spring Festival: 2008 • 2009 • 2010 • 2011 • 2012 • 2013 • 2014 • 2015 • 2016 • 2017