Angmar is a sickly region, barren and inhabited by fell creatures. Two factions of Hillmen dominate Western Angmar, the friendly Trév Gállorg and the hostile Trév Duvárdain. Both tribes have several outposts and fortresses, but the Trév Duvárdai are more numerous and powerful.
Most of central Angmar is made up of an exotic swamp, where the ground is yellow and the creatures are strange, including the massive turtles and fire drakes.
Northern and Eastern Angmar are terrible to behold. A large rift dominates the land, filled with massive spiders, deadly wargs, endless hordes of Orcs and in some places, Gaunt Lords, Lithul and Giants. Most of northern Angmar is dominated by the Orcish fortresses surrounding Carn Dûm itself, apart from the small Trév Gállorg outposts. Overall, it is an ugly, dangerous but quest filled land. It is also where some of the main quests in the Epic takes place and the home of Mordirith, the False King himself.
- Level: 40-50
- Factions: Council of the North and The Eldgang
- Introduced: The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, April 2007
- Angmar is known as the cold and evil lands, north of the Ettenmoors and far to the northeast of the North Downs. They are most known as the heartland for the Kingdom of Angmar, which was ruled by the Witch King from 1300 TA - 1975 TA, until it was destroyed.
- Throughout the early Third Age, evil men including some Black Numenoreans, had inhabited the region and upon the Witch King's arrival to the north, they accepted him as overlord. As time continued, the Hillmen to the South submitted to Angmar and Rhudaur was annexed, causing Angmar to become a formidable foe against the remnants of Arnor.
- In 1409 TA, Angmar struck a huge blow against Arthedain and Cardolan. Amon Sûl, the chief fortress in the Weather Hills, was captured and sacked, whilst Angmarim armies invaded and devastated Cardolan. Arthedain itself was driven back to the North Downs, where they held off Angmar with the help of Lindon.
- Throughout the next 500 years, war was a constant thing between Arthedain and Angmar, and in 1974 TA, Angmar finally overcame Arthedain and captured Fornost. However, the Free Peoples of Eriador and a large expeditionary force led by Prince Earnur of Gondor, assaulted the Witch King's army on the field and drove them back to Fornost, where they were utterly destroyed outside the walls. The Witch King fled to Angmar where he attempted to make a stand, but his Kingdom was destroyed to its very foundations and Angmar was no more.
The following are settlements found within the area of Angmar.
- Area as well as town
- Quests: mainly 43 - 46
- Quests: mainly 48
- Outpost: Gabilshathûr
- Stable-master, Tasks Bulletin Board, Provisioner, armament vendors
- Camp Site Fire
- Quests: mainly 47 - 48
- Quests: mainly 43 - 45
- Camp Site Fire
- Quests: mainly 47 - 48
- Quests: mainly 47 - 48 - Fellowship
The following deeds can be obtained in this region:
The following titles can be earned in this region:
A categorical list of all quests within Angmar:
Named Creatures Shard Collectors List
Each of these creatures is the rare, signature, tougher, named version and all have a high change to drop a shard.
|Settlements, Areas and Landmarks of Angmar|
|Settlements:||Aughaire • Gabilshathûr • Gath Forthnír • Iorelen's Camp • Lehmä-koti • Myrkworth • Tármunn Súrsa • Tyrn Lhuig|
|Areas:||Carn Dûm • Duvuinen • Eastern Malenhad • Fasach-falroid • Fasach-larran • Gorothlad • Himbar • Imlad Balchorth • Maethad • Nan Gurth • Ram Dúath • Rhunendin • The Rift of Nûrz Ghâshu • Urugarth • Western Malenhad|
|Landmarks:||Anglanthir • Asht-shâpol • Bail Boglakh • Bail Cátharnakh • Bail Dílas • Bail Grundail • Bail Róva • Bar Gorog • Barad Dúrgul • Barad Gúlaran • Barashal's Domain • Bornabar • Búth Luikh • Búth Sánkhas • Bûrzum Pushdug • Cairn of Honour • Carn Dûm Sewers • Castle of Carn Dûm • Central Foul Idol • Dolroth • Donnvail • Dor Gul • Dushkal's Lair • Duvairë • Duvárdain Quarter • Dûn Covád • Fail-á-Khro • Fell-water Falls • Fell-water Source • Fervar • Frith-vailë • Gate of Gath Uior • Gate of Shadows • Gorthbar • Grishbalt • Gurthlin • Gwambar • The Halls of Night • Krúslë Lannan • Lagmas's Court • Lhugrien's Roost • Minas Agar • Minas Angos • Minas Caul • Minas Deloth • Minas Dhem • Minas Gularan • Minas Maur • Minas Nîr • Mor Maudhúl • Morfil • Nád Nathair • North-western Foul Idol • Northern Foul Idol • Noruidor • Ongbishúk • Ram Taltorth • Rammas Deluon • Rimpúrod • Sálgaitë • Sammath Baul • Sammath Baul Gate-house • Seat of the Witch King • Skathmúr • Skirmish Camp • Slave-pens • South-western Foul Idol • Southern Foul Idol • Tármunn Súrsa • Torech-i-Bogbereth • Tór Gailvin • Urugarth Kennels • Witch King's Watch|
|Regions of Eriador|
|Angmar • Bree-land • Dunland (Gap of Rohan • Nan Curunír) • Enedwaith • Ered Luin • Eregion • Ettenmoors • Evendim • Forochel • The Lone-lands • The Misty Mountains • The North Downs • The Shire • The Trollshaws|