The noun Alt refers to a player's "alternative" characters. It is commonly used in three ways:
1. To refer to any alternate character that the player has created, besides the one they are currently logged-in to play; typically of a differnt race and/or class.
- Example: "I'm up for anything you want to do. Do you want me to bring this guy, or one of my alts?"
2. As a synonym for the Player's character.
- Example: "I'd love to join the kinship's raid tonight. Which alt do you want me to log in as, the hunter, the minstrel, or the burglar?"
3. To indicate a lesser-played character, as opposed to their main, most-played character.
- Example: "Sure, I can help out, but I'm on one of my low-level crafting alts right now; do you need me to switch to my main?"
- Alts of this type are frequently referred to as a "mule" - used for crafting or storage.
The verb to Alt means to log out of the character the player is currently playing, and log in as an alternate character.
- Example: "I'm going to alt to my hunter to help you with that quest."
- Example: "Alting to my champ, BRB."